Observations from my favorite BAR

Monday, September 04, 2006

A Grievous Error

There are misspelled words on tombstones and monuments and tattoos all the time, it's no big deal. But last week I saw something that really made me go through the roof. I was walking by the Pfister Hotel, and they have put up all these murals for the new restaurant that is going in, under the parking garage, which I'm looking forward to, or WAS, until this incident. There must be something about "PARTS" in the name of the restaurant, because there are all these diagrams of like a chicken and a pig and it says "chicken parts" and "beef parts" -- something like that, and somewhere else it says, the best new restaurant coming to these "parts." Something like that. That's all okay, but then there is a martini glass, and it says, "martini parts" and on the diagram there is vermouth and VODKA. I mean has it gotten to this point, where it is just assumed you're going to make a martini with vodka? The way you turn on a TV and you automatically know it's going to be shit? I hope not, because that's not a world I can live in. Maybe it's just an unfortunate trend and will go away. But for now, I guess if there is anyone at all paying attention, PLEASE, if you are going to call your drink a MARTINI, it must be made with dry vermouth and GIN, okay? GIN GIN GIN GIN GIN GIN GIN GIN GIN GIN GIN GIN GIN GIN GIN GIN GIN GIN GIN GIN GIN GIN! Am I getting my point across? GIN GIN GIN GIN! Do I feel strongly about this? YES! GIN GIN GIN GIN GIN GIN GIN GIN GIN GIN GIN GIN!

5 comments:

Allison Pripet said...

Some of us like are MARTINIAS makde with VODKA!

Virginia Martini said...

and some of us like to snort crystal drano

Virginia Martini said...

I didn't bother to answer that before, carter bryson, because it essentially answers itself... but I've got these new pills...

Virginia Martini said...

I guess there is an ENTIRE MOVEMENT of people who do everything WRONG on purpose-- spell things incorrectly, draw like a two year old, play musical instruments out of tune, and make food with clashing ingredients. I think that's okay, I really do. But the people who drink vodka martinis, while they may be some of the same people as above, are drinking vodka martinis because the vodka companies have gone advertising crazy, realizing that their product has no flavor or subtlety, and that they are selling it to people who don't LIKE to drink, but want to get drunk, and who value hipness, not quality, and are easily sold lifestyle choices by slick, ironic ads in soulless magazines. It's like the LITE beer craze a couple of decades back that made the fortunes for these assholes in Milwaukee.

Anonymous said...

Vodka gives you less of a hangover than gin!