Observations from my favorite BAR

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Quit drinking and it nearly killed me!

I'm still in Milwaukee. Well, I haven't been here all this time, but this seems to be where I've ended up for right now. The Venice Cafe isn't in Italy, or Venice Beach, by the way, it's in Kent, Ohio. I don't even know if it still exists. It's conceptual at this point, especially because, at best, it's there and I'm here. I had to quit drinking for awhile, and that was a drag. But my New Year's resolution is to start drinking again, eat at a new restaurant at least once a week, and... well, I have a lot of them, but I'm not sharing them. Okay, I guess to write something for this piece of shit blog once in awhile.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Hey Virginia -

Yes, there is a Venice Cafe. It's still in Kent, although I haven't been inside of it in ages now. But it's still there, still open. Next time I'm down there I should stick my head in the door and see if it's still run by a midget.

Virginia Martini said...

Sorry, I didn't notice this message before. I would love if you could check that out for me. I haven't been there in years. I'm wondering if it's still the same. It used to be the most amazing bar on earth. Thanks, Jacurtis! That's a nice name.